Undoing the Cancellation of a fair price shop agreement

What legal recourse one has at his disposal to undo the cancellation of his fair price shop agreement? Who are the competent authorities for deciding license for fair price Shop?

Add Comment
1 Answer(s)

The aggrieved shop owner can file a case before the Appellant Authority which would be designated by the concerned state government. Generally such designated authorities would be a Judicial officer such as a magistrate, or sub-divisional magistrate. He has to promptly reply to all show cause notices or any charges against him as present in the report of the investigating officer. If specific charges arise in that report, he will have to provide evidence against the same.

The competent authorities for deciding the license of a fair price shop would be the state government’s food and supplies department. For example, in the state of Karnataka, the Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs would be the licensing authority.


Ramesh Chandra vs State of UP before Allahabad HC, case no.26790 of 2008

PDS (Control) Order 2001

Answered on October 17, 2016.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.