Refund for defective phone

Hello sir/madam I bought a phone which was defective and it was replaced twice. 3rd one was also defective and I was requesting for the refund. Company does not process refund and issuing the replacement phone again. I want my money back . Can I claim it in the consumer rights?

Asked on November 11, 2016 in refund.
Add Comment
2 Answer(s)

you don't need any lawyer for this matter, call consumer helpline and they will help you to proceed. claim through consumer court

Answered on November 14, 2016.
Add Comment

You should give a notice to the company giving a notice stating all facts in detail and mentioning that if within a given period of time (you can decide one week/month or so ) the company doesn't refund your amount, then you will proceed for legal proceedings againt them. Make sure you get the receipt for delivery of notice to them. Once the stipulated time frame is over and assuming you do not get the refund, you can file a complaint to the consumer forum under the Consumer protection act. You can simply file an application along with relevant details and reciepts. In the complaint also mention your complete details and the amount of compensation you seek. The forum where the complaint needs to be filed will depend on the territorial and pecuniary jurisidiction which can be ascertained easily from the Consumer Protection Act 1986.

Answered on November 24, 2016.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.