Procedure for marriage certificate
Under Hindu Marriage Act
1) Apply to the Marriage Registrar in the jurisdiction where the marriage is to be solemnised or where the bride and groom have been residing for the 6 months preceding the marriage one month before the ceremony.
2) Within one month from the date of marriage, both the parties have to appear in the office of the registrar along with 2 witnesses from each side.
3) Marriage certificate is issued after both the parties sign the document for solemnisation of marriage which is attested by 2 witnesses from both the sides in the presence of each other and the registrar.
Under Special Marriage Act
1) Notice of marriage should be given to the Marriage officer of the jurisdiction where the parties are residing for 30 days preceding the date of notice.
2) The marriage may be solemnised after one month of the publication of notice in case there is no objection to such marriage.
3) In case there is any objection, then the registrar will enquire on the matter and then decide whether the parties should get married or refuse to get them married.
4) Registration and certificate will be issued after solemnisation of marriage.