How to obtain Judicial Documents

I want to get judiciary documents related to the civil case between my mother in-law and her brothers. Case is already disposed. I stay in different district than where the case was lodged. So please suggest me how to get it fast and with less cost without their knowledge?

Asked on August 3, 2016 in Judicial.
Add Comment
2 Answer(s)

Order XI Rule 14 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 talks about the Court’s discretion to order production of documents during the pendency of the suit, relating to any matter in question in such suit. The CPC also contains provisions for the return of such documents. Order XIII Rule 7 allows the return of documents, when not admitted as evidence, back to the person producing it. Also, Rule 9 of the Order XIII provides for the return of a document to a party producing it after the disposal of the suit or appeal or during the pendency of the suit provided that necessary undertaking to produce the original in case it is required is filed[1].


Therefore, in the present situation, the person who wishes to have the documents produced by him in the suit and placed on the record, shall be entitled to receive back the same. But, if the documents were not produced by the concerned person, then the person shall not be entitled to receive the document produced by other person.



[1] Gitabai v Dayaram Shankar, AIR 1970 Bom 160

Answered on August 11, 2016.
Add Comment

What do you mean by judiciary documents?. If it is the copy of Plaintiff's written statemnt and other court documents you can file a Copy application to receive certified copies.

Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.