Filing of F.I.R for domestic violence

My mother is law and sister in laws are harassing me and threatening to kick me out of the house. I want to file a police report against her and her daughters. I also want to involve the women's cell here in Mumbai. How do I do this? Do I just go to the police station or do I go to the women's cell?

Add Comment
5 Answer(s)


You go to police station first and report the matter there. Then also contact the women commison

With regards

Answered on November 24, 2018.
Add Comment

in case of Domestic violence magistrate court will take direct congizance on based of the complaint not FIR or like police case. Police has no power when the matter pertaining to Domestic violence only the Protection Officer under Domestic Violence can enquire the matter. 

Answered on November 30, 2018.
Add Comment

Dear Sir,

You can do both it is better to take somebody else who can convince the police to register FIR. It is better to take some documentary evidence along with you.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through the Administrators of this Website.

Answered on December 6, 2018.
Add Comment

You can go to the police station and file FIR and mentioned full your grievances in your FIR

Atul Kumar (Advocate)


Answered on December 11, 2018.
Add Comment

Yes u can lodge a fir against them. 

Answered on February 11, 2019.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.