Farmlands possessed by relative

I have farm lands in UP , but my uncle has taken its possession and whenever my father asks him to return he doesn't give and show his influence ,please suggest, what legal options I can take?

Add Comment
2 Answer(s)

hi atul


since your query doesnt explain me the whole scenerio clearly. so, far i can suggest you to file a recovery for possession of land in the district court.

Answered on January 9, 2017.
Add Comment

Firstly you should file for temporary injunction under order 39 of Civil procedure code. Then, if you had given the farmland to your uncle for supervision and all and then he has taken possession of the property then you can file a case under section 406 of Indian penal code that talks about punishment for criminal breach of trust.


Or if he is staying there without your permission then you can file a case under section 448 of Indian penal code, taking about house/ property trespass. Also a case of wrongful gain can be levied. Also he can be charged for criminal trespass under section 447 of Indian penal code, that talks about a person having lawfully entered into any property, unlawfully remains there with intent thereby to intimidate, insult or annoy any such person, or with intent to commit an offence.

Answered on January 12, 2017.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.