Asked April 28, 2017

Wintess before the Court

  • 1 Answer

I was in car with my friend and had an accident and he died they are forcing to be a sort of withness before the Court. What do I do?

Answer 1

You are expected to support the Court in it's judicial process. The Court will issue you summons and if you do not respond to the summons of the Court then it will amount to willful disobedience which can be punished under Section 174 of the India Penal Code and is a ground for contempt of court. For this offence you can be jailed for a month and can be fined upto Rs. 500. Even appearing as a witness, whateve you say cannot be used in a subsequent case to charge you for an offence.  

Research by - Saumya Kumar

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.