Dablu Jaiswal
in Property Law
Asked January 30, 2018

Validity of Gift

  • 2 Answers

My mother gifted me a piece of land in Aug 2016 through registered gift deed. This land was previously rented to a tenant. Now my mother's mind mind has changed and she has charged me that the gift was done fraudly(along with my brothers). When I asked the tenant for the rent as I am the legal owner of the land. He disagreed to it and said that the agreement was made between him and my mother. What shall I do in these circumstances. Please suggest

Answers 2

Legally executed and registered Gift Deed can not be revoked unless the same is a conditional gift Deed

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

If your mother changed her mind then she is required to file a civil suit for revocation of the deed of gift made to you earlier.Their you can contest the suit by proving that the transfer by way of gift was not done fraudly.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.