Navpreet Singh
Asked June 15, 2016

unjustified marking

  • 1 Answer

helo sir am from punjab amritsar my self navpreet singh sir am student of bsc nursing in baba farid university of health and science in faridkot punjab .sir in 2015 exams i got spply in exam communication education technolgy subject on that time i re-apperar the exam and i gave exam once again and i got spply agian same subject through RTI act i have seen my answer sheet on 13 june 2016 and am shocked when i check my answer sheet examiner give me 0and half marks in third last answer and second last and last question he give me only 1 marks ..thats means he gave me 1 and half marks out of 15 marks ..when i asked university staff am not staisfied with examiner response they ask me we cant challenge the examiner its depend on examiner mood but sir he spoil my future becasuse his mood is not good when he was checking my answer sheet ..sir i want justice pls help me what step i should take pls response me thanks...

Answer 1

Default avatar
Srija Choudhury

Every university has its own university judicial committee or university court to take care of these kinds of matters. Such a committee is governed by the bye laws of the university.

If there is no such committee then the matter needs to be taken to the Controller of Examination of the university.

If the Controller of the Examination is unable to resolve the issue, the same should be taken to the Vice Chancellor of the university. His decision is usually held to be the final in such cases.

You could also file a Writ of Certiorari under Article 226 of the Constitution in the High Court. The scope and ambit of this writ has been elaborately explained in the case of Surya Dev Rai v/s Ram Chandra Rai . This writ basically orders to move a suit from inferior courts, tribunals or quasi-judicial authorities to itself when the High Court believes that the lower court has no jurisdiction or it has committed error in making the decision. In such a case, the High Court has the power of quash the order of the lower authority.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.