Abhishek Sharma
in Civil Law
Asked September 06, 2017

Trade license and eating house license

  • 1 Answer

Q.1 - Is it mandatory to have the Trade License and Eating House License for running the Restaurant facility. Q. 2 - If Yes then what is the process for obtaining those licenses and please share the reference documents for the same. Q. 3 - What is the fee Structure for above.  In context of U.P., Harayan and Punjab. Kindly revert as soon as possible....

Answer 1




Dear Sir/madam,

Legally speaking, to start a restaurant – one need various clearances from :- Shop & Establishment, Environment, Eating house, Health, Food Safety, Trade License, Signage, Fire department clearance. All the stated are mandatory in nature.

You need to approach the office of the Commissioner of Police, alongwith the following documents for Eating House License :-

  • Duly filled application form, available with the concerned department or available on the respective state’s police website.
  • NOC from fire department
  • Residence proof
  • Photographs of the proposed arrangement of eating house
  • CCTV camera setup description
  • A Valid Trade license

It is advisable to visit the office first and gather a detailed list of all the requisite documents, so that one can save time in arranging for the doucments (if missing).

Registration fee varies from state to state, for eg. In delhi – Rs. 300 with a validity of 3 years depending upon the Health Trade License.

Trade License :-

You can approach the labour department of the area. The documents (as stated above) stay more or less the same, subjective to the discretion of the department of the particular state. The fees varies from state to state.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.