Jitendra Kumar
Asked February 27, 2017

Trade Licence: Legal questions

  • 1 Answer

1. Is trade license or Shop & establishment License are same or diffrent 2. How many type License required for a retail store in gurgaon

Answer 1

Trade license is the permission that one needs to get from the government to begin a business. Trade license is obtained under Shop and Establishment Act. The process of obtaining a trade licence differs from state to state.

To obtain Trade License from the Gurgaon Municipal Corporation you need the following documents in scanned form.

(Optional) Lease Agreement in case of premises is on lease/rent/sale deedli>

(Mandatory) Occupation Certificate for premises as commercial building

(Mandatory) NOC from Fire Department

(Optional) NOC from Civil Surgeon (Mandatory in case of application for license u/s 335 and 336)

(Optional) Star Category of Hotel (this is mandatory for those applying for Hotel License)

(Optional) Actual Turnover of last three financial years (CA certified copy) (Mandatory in case of application for license u/s 330)

(Optional) Registration Certificate from either of the following (HSIIDC/GM/DIC Shop and Establishment)(Mandatory in case of application for license u/s 330)

Once you have submitted your application online along with copy of scanned documents, you are required to meet official in Citizen Facilitation Center on the next working day along with original/certified documents for verification purposes. Once your documents are verified then your application will be processed further.


Along with these documents there should not be any outstanding House Tax liability. And to complete the process of online application, you must be Logged-In. Get yourself registered here.


Other licences you may need (depending on what store you will open) are:

1. Music Licence, if you plan to play background music in your store. You can get more details here.

2. Also important is that you REGISTER your business. Please note that registration of business is different from obtaining trade license. Go to this link and follow the procedure to register online.

3. For the sale of Allopathic, Homeopathic drugs, you will have to obtain the appropriate licence from FDA, Haryana. You can take a look at the procedure here. Information about Forms and Fees is available here.

4. You might need to get a Food Licence. Please visit this link for detailed procedure.


This list is not conclusive. Since we do not know what kind of retail shop you wish to open, we have informed you about the basic licences/permissions needed. Depending on your activity/items being sold/services you plan to give, you may need other licences.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.