Asked October 16, 2016

Torture by wife and children

  • 1 Answer

I am a retired man from bank, my wife and children torture me and takes my monthly pension, not even give me food and does not keep any relation with me for 6 yrs. I sleep in hall, they say I have mental issues and depression. They tell me they will trap me in police station if I won't give will papers of house, its house loan from bank its in my name wat to do sir please help me.

Answer 1

You can seek help of the local authorities to save you from this torture to begin with. If the house is in your name they cannot force you to transfer it to their name. if they are forcing you, you can use the provision of Criminal Force under IPC, 1860 against them: Section 350. Criminal force.—Whoever intentionally uses force to any person, without that person’s consent, in order to the committing of any offence, or intending by the use of such force to cause, or knowing it to be likely that by the use of such force he will cause injury, fear or annoyance to the person to whom the force is used, is said to use criminal force to that other.

 If they have hurt you in any manner then you can file case under section 320, Grevious hurt: Permanent privation of the sight of either eye, Permanent privation of the hearing of either ear, Privation of any member or joint, Destruction or permanent impairing of the powers of any member or joint. Permanent disfiguration of the head or face. Fracture or dislocation of a bone or tooth. Any hurt which endangers life or which causes the sufferer to be during the space of twenty days in severe bodily pain, or unable to follow his ordinary pursuits.

If you have been confined by the family then you can get them charged for wrongful confinement under section 340, IPC: Whoever wrongfully restrains any person in such a manner as to prevent that person from proceeding beyond certain circumscribing limits, is said “wrongfully to confine” that person. If the confinement is for 3 days then they are liable under section 343, if they confine you for more than 10 day they would be punishable under 344.



Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.