Rajasekhar M
Asked February 28, 2017

Threat of case against me

  • 2 Answers

I m in love with one girl... She also loves me... We are Major's But her parents are abjecting us.. Try to put a case on me.. To face that what step I has to take legally to protect my self...

Answers 2


If you are both sufficient age(21&18) and want to marriage then can be provide police protection by local police station or senior police officer

And apply to court marriage

More knowledge

Contact Advocate Vijay prakash Sonkar High Court Allahabad Uttar Pradesh

chief legal secretary(I.Judicial H.P)

Vice president(Advocate Association of India)

Call us=9454696075(wa&fb)



Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

In India every person has the right to marry according to one’s wish after attaining the age of majority (18 years for girls and 21 years for boys). If the concerned parties have free and valid consent to marry each other then no third party can prevent such marriage without legal cause. Hence, in this case the girl’s father cannot legally prevent you and the girl from marrying. In case of any case filed against you there are two steps you may seek:

  • If any false police case is filed against you then you may approach the High Court for quashing of such false complaint. In cases which are not very serious in nature like rape, murder, etc. police usually conducts an enquiry before filing of the FIR. Hence, you may prove your innocence and may establish the falsity of the complaint during such enquiry as well. In case you have any apprehension that the girl’s father may file a case for some serious non-bailable offence against you then you may approach the Sessions Court or the High Court seeking Anticipatory Bail under S. 438 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973[1]. Under this section, if any person has reason to believe that he may be arrested on an accusation of having committed a non- bailable offence, he may apply to the High Court or the Court of Session for a direction under this section; and that Court may, if it thinks fit, direct that in the event of such arrest, he shall be released on bail.
  • If a case is filed against you in a court of law under any false grounds then the easiest and least expensive solution would be to let the proceedings take its own course as you are certain of your innocence and you may seek help of your girlfriend’s statement establishing your innocence.
  • You may proceed to marry the girl before filing of any such complaint in the first place. This may prevent the girl’s father from taking such false and illegal steps.


    [1] Available at: https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1783708/

    Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

    Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

    Directory ads
    Need to talk to a lawyer?

    Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.