Vivekananda Patro
Asked June 22, 2016

Theft on bus and Police not taking my FIR

  • 1 Answer

Dear Sir, Yesterday i travelled from bhuvaneswar to balangir for official purpose, when i reached balangiri the bus cleaner chaged my bags without asking, iam argued with him then he attacked me a bycle rod, i had siviourly injured, at this situation some policemen observed and taken hospital, doctor contolled bleeding and stiches on my head, and said take 2 weeks rest for recover. in my bag i loss Rs. 10000/- and original certificates for joining me in duties as a safety officer in infrastructure co. above all this i was filed case in police station, balangir, but they dont take action and not filed FIR. travells secretary has came and told me that "we give rs. 300/- as medical expenses, i want to punish travells head cause they dont take any action against their criminal motive employee, and also escaped. so i want to punish travell head and compensation rs. 50000/- including my half month salary. So how i can move this forward, can you please give suggestions any. i had proof of bus ticket, govt. medical reports, my head injury incident pics. Thank you, vivekananda patro

Answer 1

Default avatar
Ayushi Singhal

In such a situation, you should file an FIR complaining theft and grievous injury and consequent compensation with the Police. Since you describe that the police is reluctant to register an FIR, you can approach the Superintendent of Police concerned as per Section 154(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code, 1973 ('CrPC'), who, "shall either investigate the case himself or direct an investigation to be made by any police officer subordinate to him, in the manner provided" by the Criminal Procedure Code. You can also file a complaint in this regard with "any Magistrate of the first class, and any Magistrate of the second class specially empowered in this behalf" as per Section 190 read with Section 156(3) of the CrPC.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.