Tenancy for Agricultural Land
What are the risks involved in getting a tenant for an agricultural property? EDIT: I am more concerned with tenants powers than mine or landlords. Powers like lawful kabza or ownership under legal provisions. What are those provisions that empower tenants under agri n forest use of land.
- After the death of a protected tenant tenancy can pass on to his/her family.
- Evictions of protected tenants are not as simple as private tenants. Merely serving a notice of eviction will not do. The Landlord needs to convince court that there is a reasonable ground to issue a possession order.
- According to section 19 of the Maharashtra Tenancy and Agricultural Land Act if the tenant has planted any tree on land rented to him during his tenancy he is entitled to wood and produce of those trees and if evicted he must be compensated for them. Also, the landlord cannot ask for more rent because of the new tree. Rent will be calculated without taking the tree into consideration.
- Further a tenant can purchase the entire land or any part of the land from landlord after one year from the time when his tenancy begins (section 32O), and the purchase price must not be more than 20 times of annual rent paid by the tenant(according to section 17A).
- Tenants also have the right to exchange their tenancy with other tenants by giving a notice to the collector on a specified form but this exchange will not affect the original rules and conditions of their initial tenancy. (Section 33)
Why not create one now for free in under 10 minutes!