Asked December 16, 2016

Stay order

  • 2 Answers

How to get a stay order immediately?

Answers 2

File petition/appeal in the high court stating facts and its necessity/urgency to stay.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

            Sir, in your question you haven’t written for precisely what you seek a stay order, whether against the acts of civic bodies eg demolition of building or against court order/proceedings. However, some details regarding the application of stay are given below.

            A stay order can be filed under Section 151 of the Civil Procedure Code. As per the provisions of this Section the Court may pass an order for the delivery of justice and to stop the abuse of power by any authority sub-ordinate to it. Thus, one may file for stay application under this Section before a Court of relevant jurisdiction, urging it to consider the urgency of the matter and pass the requested stay.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.