Shalbbya Ali
in Civil Law
Asked August 21, 2017

Spelling of father's name different in most documents

  • 1 Answer

My father's name has been mentioned with different spellings in different documents. Only in my birth certificate, my aadhar card and in my domicile certificate it matches the name that is written in my father's documents. In all the other documents like my school certificate, my pan card, the name has a different spelling. In documents like passport the spelling is different. I don't know how to change spellings in so many documents. Does my fathers spelling in my document and his documents have to be same? Or do I keep same spelling in all my documents even if the spelling is different from my father's original spelling because its very difficult to change spellings in so many documents.

Answer 1

To avoid any risk it is best to get the spelling changed and have it same in all the documents. Get an affidavit prepared regarding the mistake in spelling from local notary and keep father's documents ready to justify his correct name. PAN card and Passport has option of getting details changed and the list of documents required for the same is also mentioned on the website. It might take little time and effort but it is advisable to have consistent records.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.