in Civil Law
Asked August 29, 2017

Son blackmailing employer to b appointed at the same scale as father

  • 1 Answer

One of our employees is not willing to take his full and final settlement,we have appointed his son as the employee had resigned due to health reasons ,but his son is blackmailing us (employer) demanding that he be appointed at the same scale as his father ,what legal action can be taken?

Answer 1

You need not take any legal action, as there exists no law which confers such a right on the son of being employed on the same scale as one's father. However, could you elaborate as to why are you concerned about the blackmail? In other words, what is the negotiating tool which the son is using to blackmail you? So far as the full and final settlement is concerned, you can deposit it in the bank account of your employee.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.