Asked November 27, 2016

Share in ancestral property

  • 1 Answer

My grandparents expired 2-3 years ago, my uncle is residing in their house, we are asking for our part in property to my uncle from 2-3 years but he is denying the same. now what we should do? Can the house in which he is residing be sealed.?

Answer 1

The best way is to go for a family settlement but since the uncle is not agreeing for it you should serve him a legal notice of partition of the property and if doesnt respond/agree in the stipulated time frame, you can then move to the civil court of the appropriate jurisdiction with all required documents. The court will then divide the property and you will be able to sell your share.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.