in Civil Law
Asked September 11, 2017

Salary stopped for no reason

  • 1 Answer

1.( Dec 2015 to Feb 2016) salary has been stopped without any intimation and reason. Reported to director in a government organization, but no reply till date. 2. The salary of Dec 2015 and Jan 2016 has been released on Feb 2016 end. 3. Put up reminder but no response. 4. What are the legal action I could have taken at that time 5. As now it has been more than one year so what legal action can be taken now, plz advice.

Answer 1




Dear Sir/madam,

You could have approached the labour commissioner of the area and filed a complaint before him/her, addressing your concerns. This same action can be later on moved to the Labour court against your employer. Under Section 7 of the Payment of Wages Act, 1936 – Deductions which may be made from wages

You can also approach the civil court under the Indian Contract Act, 1872 for the breach of contract based on the offer letter (agreement) you signed with your employer.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees 1 day ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Will ads
Don't have a Will ?

Create your free will online in less than 10 minutes.

Do you have a Will?
Why not create one now for free in under 10 minutes!

Get started now