Lawfarm Team
Asked March 01, 2017

Right of children from void marriage

  • 1 Answer

Do children out of void marriage have rights in parent's joint property?

Answer 1

As per section 16(3) HMA, children from void marriage are termed as Statutory legitimate children. They have right in their parents property but not in any other relatives property. But the restriction to their right is that they cannot ask for partition but their share will be secured and will be given to them when partition takes place.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.