Amit Kumar
Asked September 10, 2016

Results not declared by the University

  • 1 Answer

I am writing this letter to express my concerns regarding exploitation faced by BPUT, I have been facing this from 2 and ½ year and request your intervention in resolving these issues soon to issue me certifications to continue job. (Facts) In 7 th semester because of my father major cardiac surgery, I enrolled uncoded in University but all theory results are published except Minor project and seminar. I intimated my problem in my college and again lab results were sent to University but my 8th semester result again was not published. Consecutively, my special paper result was also not published. Again, I complained about that to my college along with my joining letter. Then, I started working in a Bangalore based MNC on probation of 15 month. I wrote to my college to get updates about my results many times, but they did not reply because they did not get any update from University's side. I emailed my exam department and principal again 1 month before, They intimidated me my old result. I went to college and they gave me a letter and told me to enquire in University. I came to University and they told me about my 3 active backlogs after 2 years, suggested me to appear for special paper, but still all of my results are not published. My appearance in 2016 special paper will push me 3 year back which will severely injure my career. I have burden of education loan, I am only economical asset to my family. I am going through high level of depression concerned to my reasult. I had very good conduct in my 4 year academics. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. I request you to kindly investigate into matter with all your endeavors and help me with publication of results very soon, Award me with holistic resolution and oblige me with your blessings. Thank you for taking time to review my request. Thanks and Regards AMIT KUMAR 9964267484

Answer 1

Dear sir/madam,

We can understand your concerns regarding exploitation faced by BPUT, it clearly has got three solutions :

  • RTI
  • Since, yours is a government owned and managed university, you can apply for RTI and ask questions with respect to the results that are not yet disclosed and they will be bound by the law to have to make the answers available to you. For this, you just need to write a normal application (along with the said fee in the said manner) seeking answers to the questions that you want to ask – in this case, probably, why has the result of the desired term not been declared yet ?

  • Writ petition
  • For this kind of a remedy, you can directly approach the hon’ble High court of your state and file a writ petition of Mandamus under article 226 of the Constitution of India. The court if satisfied, will then issue directions “in the form of a command” to make the university, realise its legal obligations in declaring the results (as a part of their duty).

  • Consumer complaint
  • Under this, you can file a complaint in the district consumer forum of your place. Since, you are paying your university the requisite fees for the course you were enrolled in, it is the duty of the university to make the results available to you and in time as a matter of providing you with “services” in exchange of the fees that youpaid in full. Therefore, the above said – makes you a consumer of the services provided by the university.

    Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 5 years ago

    Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

    Directory ads
    Need to talk to a lawyer?

    Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.