Snehal Bhosale
in Civil Law Family Law
Asked May 30, 2017

Raised as Hindu and want to retain it

  • 1 Answer

Hi, I am 30 years old girl, living in Pune, Maharashtra. My mother is a Hindu and my father is Muslim. They got divorced when I was 5 years old. I am raised by my Maternal uncle (Brother of my mother). and raised as a Hindu girl. I want to legally become Hindu. so that I can marry in Hindu community. Till I get married I want to carry my uncle's name and surname. Can you please advice what I need to do. Do I need to go through adoption route. Thanks! Snehal

Answer 1

There does not appear to be any prerequisite for a change of name. The procedure can be found here:  

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.