in Criminal Law
Asked January 15, 2018

Punishment for Public Drinking

  • 1 Answer

Hello Sir/Mam I was booked under section 40 (drinking in public place) on evening of 13th Jan this year. I was under the influence of alcohol.. My friend who was also booked misbehaved with the police constable physically. We were let go but the police said that he will call us any time this week and then we have to go to Saket Court. I have 2 questions: If i plead guilty, can there be jail term ? If i plead guilty and only made to pay fine, will it make me a criminal disbarring me from govt services, passport,etc..

Answer 1

Respected Ma'am Yes, you can. It all depend on your Presuntation Before Hon'ble Court.

But you have to take certain steps, so that Hon'ble may minimize your guilt. You can Contact me through any of the Platform. Regards Adv.Shuchei Agarwal

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 3 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.