Annalisha M. Sharma
Asked September 19, 2016

Protection of rights of rape survivor

  • 1 Answer

Could it possible that the culprit of a serious crime like rape is being shielded by the police deptt S,P of police, etc? They are putting false cases on the victim and her family. She is not able to visit police station and not call them for help, because the accused has political connections.

Answer 1

Default avatar
Ayushi Singhal


Filing of false cases is a crime under Sections 182 and 211 of the Indian Penal Code. Section 166A of the said Code also prohibits such unlawful action by the police and makes the police liable for it. In addition there exist section 217 and other sections in the Code which prohibit public servant from disobeying law in order to protect an accused. 


However since you suggest that the higher authorities including the police and state machinery are also in collision against you, you can file a writ petition in the High Court under Article 226 requesting action against the concerned police officers, or directing the State Government to transfer the case to an independent authority like CBI or CID for investigation. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.