Maria S
in Consumer Law Procedural Law
Asked July 02, 2017

Process of filing an appeal in a Consumer Dispute

  • 1 Answer

I filed a case in district consumer forum. My loss for deficiency in service was 22k and i was told to put a compensation of only 20k otherwise by case will not be admitted. Now after 3 years the case was dismissed stating no costs without even mentioning my written argument in the order. Only the opposite party's written argument is mentioned. I feel my evidence was not even looked into. Can i file an appeal ? If so can i ask for a higher compensation amount after 3 years or will the court itself decide that i deserve a higher compensation because i will be spending for a lawyer also in my appeal. My first complaint was party in person.

Answer 1

In such a case you can file an appeal before the State Commission. However, such an appeal must be filed within 30 (thirty) days of receipt of the copy of the order as delivered by the District Consumer Forum. Subsequently, an appeal may also be filed before the National commission in case you are aggrieved by the decision of the State Commission. You may ask for higher compensation claiming costs, and thereby alter your prayer.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.