Meet Patel
Asked April 21, 2017

Procedure for transfer of property

  • 1 Answer

I want to gift my son my flat , i have already registered a gift deed but the society is asking for 25,000/- + 500/- as transfer fees, is it compulsory to pay the fees when the gift is given in family?

Answer 1

It is advised that you must request the society to share the regulatons governing them. The regulations should clearly provide for the payment of a fee for transfer, only then you will be required to pay the said sum. Otherwise there is no legal mandate to pay such an amount to the society. If the regulations prescribe such a rule then you may have to pay the sum or challenge the regulation before all the members of the society. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.