Asked April 01, 2017

Preferential right to brother

  • 1 Answer

I along with my brother are holding a land together that we inherited from our father. One of our brothers is planning to sell his portion to an outsider. Can we object to this under Hindu law?

Answer 1

Dear Sir,

First of all, if the proerty is inherited by grandfather to your father after your father came to you it is ancestral property it can not be transferred without consent of both of you.

If it is only your fathers property and property is devided between both of you then your brother is free to sale his share if property is only insert both name without devide the one can not sale without consent of other

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.