Asked March 18, 2017

Police not taking action despite complaint filed

  • 2 Answers

Address village Narol, P.S. Kagarol Dist Agra UP, and serving in Delhi, want to submit some fact for kind consideration and favourable action at your end. On dated 05.03.17 about 0800 hrs my family members uncle Mange Ram Bhola Ram, brother Puspendra singh were standing outside of our home and discussing some issues meanwhile some people of my village namely Bhallu S/O late Biri singh, ramveer S/O late Biri Singh ,Gajender S/O Bhallu, Harender attacked with weapons ( lathi, Danda) over them, in this incident my family members got seriously injured. In this regard they went to police station to lodge FIR / complaint. Duty officer of police station Kagarol received a complaint but neither registered an FIR nor made any action against culprit since last 05 days.  In this regarding I have sent a mail to all concerned ( DGP UP, ADG law and order, IG Zone Meerut, DIG Agra, SSP Agra) but no action taken by police. So I request to you please interfere into the matter and take cognizance to solve the issue. My family members have been afraid of repeat of such incidence in future so its humble request to take appropriate action at your end . Again I request to you please provide security to my family members. And after 4 -5 day FIR was registered in normal IPC section 323, 504,506 for save to culprits. And police has not taken any action taken till now no inquiries has been done by police. What is next step to be taken by me?

Answers 2

Dear Sir/madam,

It is a very sorry state of affairs in India, when it comes to police action and registering a complaint or F.I.R. in the police station by the concerned police officer. Happens in most of the cases, unfortunately, this is the ground reality and you have to bear with it. Coming down to a possible solution of the problem at hand – you can approach the SP of the area and if you have already done that then send a formal application (mentioning all the averments and factual happenings with you) by way of a registered post addressed to the SP, so that tomorrow you have an acknowledgement to present in the court of law to prove your point. Now, having done this, hire a local advocate and file a private complaint directly before the concerned magistrate of that police station in the court of your district. In this complaint, do mention the legal provisions under which you think you have been affected. For example sections like – Section 322 - Voluntarily causing grievous hurt, Section 325 - Punishment for voluntarily causing grievous hurt, Section 326 - Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means, Section 336 - Act endangering life or personal safety of others, Section 337 - Causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others

Agree Comment 1 Agree over 4 years ago


Don't be in haste as courts advise one to be patient, however, in case of threat to your life and property, launch subsequent complaints to make the police aware of the consequences. Police willl file the charge sheet once ready, if closed as mistake of fact, file a protest petition before the jurisdictional magistrate. At-last life in india is not even worth a peanut!

Appreciate your feedback to my answer.




Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.