in Criminal Law Civil Law
Asked October 22, 2017

Permission to travel abroad when accused in a motor vehicle accident

  • 1 Answer

Can I go abroad if I made an accident and the person had minor injuries

Answer 1

You have not provided complete information. Is the incidence reported and a case instituted against you? If no, then you can travel abroad without any doubt.

On the other hand even if a case is pending, then also you are at liberty to travel abroad if you are not specifically restrained by a court order to do so or your passport is not taken into custody as a precautionary measure. The mere filing of a case without any restraint order from court does not prevent the accused from going out of India. If the case is pending and there is a direction of your in-person appearance on the dates of court then also you cannot travel out of country, as your non-appearance will amount to contempt of court.

Lastly, if you want to play safe, you should apply to the court and seek its permission before travelling abroad.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.