in Civil Law
Asked October 30, 2017

Pension of sponsor banks to retired regional rural bank staff

  • 2 Answers

An SLP bearing no slp39288/12 which was filed by Government of India against judgement of Rajasthan High court lying pending for disposal in Supreme Court of India since November 2012. It's the case for Pension at par of Sponsor banks to Retired Regional Rural Bank staff. Lots of time case listed but mostly Additional Solicitor General of India seek adjournment and in last six dates ASG seeking continuously adjournment. More than 3500 Retires died and about 30000 Retires are facing serious financial problem because their employees provident fund Pension is Rs.700/- to Rs.2500/-. How our above case can dispose early, kindly suggest?

Answers 2

The Supreme Court has generally been discouraging of adjournments for no reason [see, State of U.P. v. IIIrd ADJ, 1987 Supp SCC 470,] and it is strange that such adjournments are being granted in your case for almost five years now. Costs have also been imposed for unnecessary adjournments, including in SLPs where state has been a party [K.C. Bajaj v. Union of India, (2013) 14 SCC 538]. You could put these judgments before the court and request the court to not grant further adjournments. Also, please ensure that your lawyers is indeed protesting the grant of such adjournments. As per Order XXXIII of the Supreme Court Rules, 2013, Order XVII of the Civil Procedure Code, 1908 is applicable to petitions before the Supreme Court as well. As per Rule 1 of the said order, adjournments cannot be granted more than thrice. This should also be pleaded before the Court. Could you detail though for what reasons are adjournments being sought by the ASG?

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

The opinion of Lawfarm Team holds good. In addition to, I would like to add the following advise to you:

It is time for every citizen to see that with in a time frame Courts must decide cases before it. You must create such a situation which requires the Court to decide your case with in next 30 days. If you have dareness then approach social media and also electronic media including print media and go on publishing your grievance and whenever such grievance published you may please send a copy of same to the Registrar of Supreme Court of Inida.

Draft petition/legal notice will be prepared by me on payment of professional nominal fees, you may approach managament of this website for further details.   

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.