Mrinmoy Saikia
in Civil Law
Asked May 16, 2017

Papers required for photography and videography production house

  • 1 Answer

Is trade licence compulsory for photography service? what are the other required legal papers required to run a photography and videography production house?

Answer 1

Trade license is mandatory in law. You need a trade license to start any type of new business in India. Government agencies can fine or close a business operating without the required business licenses. Thus, for every legal business or service activity, one needs to obtain trade license.

Moreover, additional documents required depends upon the type of company or establishment you decide to set up like sole proprietorship, Limited Liability Company, Cooperative, Corporation or Partnership. Sole Proprietorship would be a good option for your business due to minimal legal complexities, less expensive and rapid processing. You can register your publication house under sole proprietorship at your nearest local municipal corporation office. You need to submit the Shops and Establishment Form to complete your registration. Along with it, you are needed to submit an undertaking.

Documents required for registration of sole proprietorship:

  • VAT or Tax Information Network (TIN) registration;
  • Chartered account certification-certifying the nature of the business;
  • Shops and Establishment Licence of the respective State; and
  • Certification by Certificate Authority (CA)
  • Furthermore, the following documents are required for registration of sole proprietorship:

  • PAN Card of the sole Proprietor.
  • ID Proof and Address Proof of the sole Proprietor as Adhar Card, Driving License, passport etc.
  • Rent Agreement, No Objection Certification or Electricity bills of the property where business is to be registered.
  • If Proprietor has owned any property then copy of sales deed or electricity bill is needed.
  • Copy of bank Statement or cancelled cheque.
  • Some documents like undertaking, which is prepared by a legal advisor.
  • Security Amount as Fixed Deposit or minimum two surety of dealer for VAT Registration in some States.

    The final step after registration would be the opening of a current account in the name of your business.

    Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

    Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

    Directory ads
    Need to talk to a lawyer?

    Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.