in Property Law Civil Law
Asked August 28, 2017

Original deed document missing

  • 1 Answer

What to do if the original deed document dating to 1984 is missing from the history of documents for a land? The property has changed hands of atleast 3 people and none of them checked this including us although a copy of that document is available. We are not able to sell this since the buyers are now asking for this original document.

Answer 1

You can ask for a copy of the original deed document from the sub-registrar's office. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.