Asked October 18, 2016

Non-Indian Nationals Living in India

  • 1 Answer

Hi I am an Indian girl married to Pakistani guy. my husband want to live with me in India. As we know that the only way for other nationals to live in india permanent is to get the PIO or OCI card/status. But we are also know that Pakistan and Bangladesh nationals are ineligible to apply for an OCI card So I just want to know that Is there any way for my husband to get OCI card? If not, So is there someother way from wich my husband can stay with me in India permanent?

Answer 1

Answered by Sammanika Rawat, Lawfarm Researcher:

Thank you so much for writing to us. We regret to inform you that Ministry of Home Affairs does not permit Pakistani citizens to apply for OCI Card. Also, for an OCI card, the marriage must have had been registered and substituted for two years before applying for OCI Card. In your case, we would suggest you to look for an employment opportunity for your husband in India so that he can apply for business visas. After a few visits, you are being advised to visit the Ministry requesting for a Long Term Visa. Since the system of granting Long Term Visas is not very simple, you are being advised to remain patient. The entire process for getting Indian Citizenship might take upto 10 years or more. Though the Ministry had shown leniency in granting Indian citizenship and Long Term Visas in the recent past; however looking at the ongoing political turmoil between both the nations, we cannot be very promising to you.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.