Gopalkrishna Kamath
in Contracts Law Civil Law
Asked September 03, 2017

Non - member of Flat owner's association

  • 1 Answer

karnataka flat owners aassociation 1972.act Wheather non member,or power of attorney holder can hold can hold any position in the association.if so what action we can take.

Answer 1

Under the said Act there is no provision restricitng another person holding the power of attorney to be member of the association. You need to examine the Memorandum of Association of your assoication to determine if such a provision is strictly prohibited. Generally in case the power of attorney allows the holder to replace the concerned person in all elgal capacity. Unless it is specifically prohibited in your memorandum, it will be difficult to remove the concerned person. 

Agree Comment 1 Agree almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.