Asked October 07, 2016

No delivery by supplier

  • 1 Answer

I have taken franchisee but no delivery was given by the supplier and now he has closed his office, what are the actions that can be taken?

Answer 1

Fundamentally, every franchising relationship is a contractual relationship and therefore, the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and Specific Relief Act, 1963 would be applicable to all franchising arrangements.  A suit can be instituted in court for breach of contract and specific performance of covenants and remedies in form of damages and injunctions could be obtained from the court, which may be granted at the discretion of the court considering the balance of convenience and the interests of justice. If the remedy is not granted under these acts, the aggrieved party may apply for an appeal.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.