1) It is good to familiarize yourself with the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act 2010 and the rules.
2) Do not approach middlemen.
3) Do not deviate from the purpose of grant.
4) Do not use ATM Cards or debit cards for the foreign contribution account.
5) Do not mix foreign contribution account with the Account of domestic receipts.
6) It is better to conduct due diligence about the foreign donor and the terms of grant, to see that no law is violated.
7) It is always recommended to check list of banned organizations.
8) One should refer to the FAQs provided in the Home Ministry website at http://mha.nic.in/fcra.htm.
9) It is mandatory that one should accept foreign contribution only if his organization is duly registered or if one have received prior permission from Government of India.
10) The authorized NGO should furnish annual accounts within prescribed dateline.