Asked March 13, 2020

New question

  • 1 Answer

HI Sir, I am person from hyderabad, married few months before, and my husband stays in US, After 2 months of marriage i have gone to US but due to some health issues i came back to india. My husbad is projecting me in a bad way to entire family including my own family. Every one coming to me and saying you are doing this and that even though i simply undergoing my daily activities. He complains about each and every work that i do from morning to evening. He doent even talk to me proper yet he says i am not talking and i am not having physical relation. Every one from inlaws and my parents keep torturing me mentally from past 3 months. Even i say my point of view to them they are not listening to it and saying as per society you have to adjust. Due to the stress i am having breathing issue and chest pain. and mentally i am disturbed. Recently my family started to pull my friends saying that i have a relation with them and i should stop talking to them. My sister and brother in law is dragging my friends unnecessarily and putting pressure on me even though i clearly sais not to involve in my life..I dont have any support from my family and my husband and his family. Could you please help me how to come out of this situation, its really hard to stay alive with this mental pressure daily?Is there any law that supports me to get out of this situation. I got married thinking that marrying this person will give me better life but from the moment i got married i am more stress and mentally becoming weal to an extent to commit suicide. After all this i lost my interest in husband and i want to get divorce. Could you please someone suggest me the possible solution. Thanks in advance

Answer 1

if you want to remain in the matrimonial relationship, (it is advisable) then, try to settle the matter amicably with your husband involving elders/relatives/friends etc and start afresh, and if, failed, file Restitution of conjugal rights petition in the Court,


if you want to terminate the matrimonial knot, then, try to settle the matter amicably with your husband involving elders/relatives/friends etc and go for Mutual Consent Divorce which will be decided in 6-18 months, and you both will be free to live life with your wish,

don't forget to draft an MOU before approaching Mutual Divorce, which is the most essential and important part of a Divorce case to avoid future legal complications,

some basic points to keep in mind and put in writing through an MOU before filing the petition for mutual consent divorce are custody of kids, distribution of assets (movable/immovable), quash/withdraw of pending litigation if any, Maintenance (present/future), Alimony, mode and time of making the payment, streedhan, future litigation, etc.

if failed, you can file/claim

498a complaint (for causing mental, emotional, physical and monetary abuse, etc)

Domestic Violence case (for causing mental, emotional, physical and monetary abuse, etc)

you have rights to claim residence, protection, compensation, maintenance, 

It's too early for thinking about the divorce

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 1 year ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.