Asked August 12, 2016

New birth certificate

  • 1 Answer

Dear Respected Sir, My name is Gopal Das.I am 44 years old man.I am from Konnagar(West Bengal).I have applied for a new passport.I have all documents but not the Birth Certificate and I am illiterate. All other documents are fine like voter card,aadhaar card,pan card,ration card etc. But the passport office employees are told me we needed an "Annexure A" affidavit.But I have also completed the Annexure A Affidavit from a Notary public more than 2 times.But the passport officer told me the problem also the format,please change the format.But I have seen the passport office format and my affidavit are same.So where is the problem. Can anyone please help me.

Answer 1

Default avatar
Asmita Rakhecha

As per the Passport Seva website of the Government of India, the prescribed format of Annexure A has been provided. I am providing the link for the same here:

As per the requirements of this Annexure, in case the Affidavit is attested by a Notary Public, notary stamp is also required. Further this is to be executed on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimum value. Also as per Section 5(3) of the Passports Act, 1967 where the passport authority refuses to issue the passport on the application of any person, it shall record in writing a brief statement of its reason for making such order and furnish to that person on demand a copy of the same unless in any case the passport authority is of the opinion that it will not be in the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of India, the security of India, friendly relations of India with any foreign country or in the interests of the general public to furnish such copy. Thus you are entitled to demand for the reason why your passport is not being issued. Further, you can make an appeal under Section 11 of the Act if the Passport Authority refuses to corporate with you. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.