Archana Madhavi
Asked October 11, 2016

Mutual understanding in criminal case

  • 1 Answer

punishment of 2 months imprisonment for using wrong words for a women was declared in local court. The person had taken bail. Now he is supposed to appeal in session court. I need to know whether this problem can be settled with mutual understanding now.

Answer 1

Answer framed by Sammanika Rawat, Lawfarm Researcher:

Since you have not explained the offence in detail, we are assuming it is a defamation case. Since 'defamation' is a non-cognizable, bailable and a compoundable offence, yes it can be mutually settled by the parties. You can take help from the court as well. Or else, you can apply for mediation for mutual settlement. Hope we were able to answer you well. Feel free to write back.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.