Nihal Taj
Asked March 24, 2017

Money to be returned

  • 1 Answer

I and 2 more people had got into a business of buying a product from a female in Chennai. But unfortunately that female took our money and ran away. There is a female from Hyderabad who invested in it saying it was partnership and then when she heard about the risk she dropped back. Just to convince her I told her it was a loan but she said once we got the shipment details it would be an investment. But now the later is asking me to pay back her money as she says it was a loan. Can she sue me.?

Answer 1

If she has any evidence to support her claim that you said it is a loan, she can sue you. She can either initiate a suit of recovery under Order 37 of Civil procedure code or she can file a criminal suit under section 405 of Indian Penal Code, 1860 that talks about criminal breach of trust that will make you liable for an imprisonment upto 3 years. Also she has an option of filing a suit for cheating, or even mischief as under section, 417 & 426 on Indian Penal Code 1860 respectively. 



Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.