Asked July 06, 2016

Master Service Agreement - What can I do

  • 3 Answers

I left my previous organization 2 months before and the one client of that organization wanted to hire me on the pay role of their india office. As part of relieving letter condition i can't seek direct or indirect employment with their client where i was deployed. I was working with this client's for their US company with whom MSA was signed by my previous organization. Do let me know if i can be employed by Indian office or not. Also suggest how i can avoid the term and condition with my previous organization and get myself employed with the client of the organization. Please call me if need more information.

Answers 3

Hello Sir,

We will need more infrmation. Our researcher has sent you emails seeking more information and clarification on this. Kindly check your spam folder in case the email has reached there.


Thank you for visiting Lawfarm!


Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago
  • Default avatar
    I didn't get any email except the above one. Please do let me know what information you need from me.
    Agree 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Hello sir,

We would like to know which country are you aiming to work in and which country was your previous organisation is based in. Any other details would also be helpful.

The laws may be differently applicable to the situation, depending on which country the parties are based in. Hence, it would be helpful if you could tell us all the entities that are involved in this situation and where each one is based.

With regards,

Lawfarm Team

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago
  • Default avatar
    Here you go - 1. MSA was executed between my previous company(based out of India) and Client(with US Office) 2. Client is a real estate company(US MNC) and previous organization(Indian MNC) is IT service provider 3. My previous company still providing IT services to the client(with US office) 4. My Previous company has not signed any agreement with Client's India office to provide IT services and they are not doing any business with India office. 5. US based office is the parent company of Client. 6. My previous company has different agreements of service with different regional offices of client. Like EMEA& UK, AUS and US but not with ASIA & India. 7. I'll be working from India office of the client and Payroll will be on Indian office only.
    Agree 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Default avatar
Saurabh Kumar

A Master Service Agreement (MSA) is a contractual document that specifies performance objectives and outlines the responsibilities of both parties. It also lists the current and prospective services to which the agreement applies.

In this case, if the terms of the MSA, specifically state that you cannot seek direct or indirect employment with their client where you were deployed, it would clearly mean that any such employment opportunity could be taken up at places other than USA.


However, you are advised to seek a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC) from your previous employer. This would ensure that there is no ambiguity on their part; you can also point out specifically that you are not seeking employment at the same place you were deployed at , i.e. USA . In case, it seems that they are denying NOCs,  you could consider filing a suit against your employer.

The success of any legal claim depends on the strength of the evidence. To win, you will have to show -- with documents, preferably -- that your rights were violated. Strong feelings or suspicions are not the same as evidence. To find out how good your claims are and whether you are likely to win, you should consult with an experienced employment lawyer. Prosecuting legal claims takes a lot of time. Lawsuits also cost money. If your case is strong, you may find a lawyer willing to take it on a contingency basis, in which the lawyer's fees come out of the money you win. Even so, you will probably have to pay the costs of bringing the claim along the way, which can be substantial. And that contingency fee could be 25%, 33%, or even 40% of what you ultimately collect.





Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 5 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.