Lawfarm Team
in Criminal Law Contracts Law Civil Law Constitutional Law Tort Law
Asked May 28, 2016

mandatory traffic policy: Hard copy of the documents

  • 2 Answers

is it mandatory to provide the hard physical copy of two wheeler RC book and Insurance? The police officer was not accepting soft copy shown on my mobile and demanded bribe

Answers 2

Yes it is mandatory to submit the hard copy of the RC book and insurance paper in each and every circumstance.    Solutions for Police officer demanding a Bribe In India, you can file corruption complaints with at least three government-established bodies. Two of these three—the Central Vigilance Commission and the Central Bureau of Investigation—work together. The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) is a central level body, which can accept corruption-related complaintsagainst central government employees only. Also, the Commission can only take cognizance of signed complaints i.e. it does not act on complaints that are anonymous. However, under The Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informer (PIDPI) Resolution, it can keep the complainant’s identity a secret. Here's a list of employee categories the Commission can accept complaints against: • Central government ministries and departments • Central government public sector undertakings • Nationalised banks and insurance companies • Autonomous organisations created through an Act of the Parliament or under the administrative control of Government of India, like All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Port Trusts and Delhi Development Authority • Centrally administered territories including Delhi, Chandigarh, Daman and Diu and Puducherry • Societies and local authorities owned or controlled by the Indian government You can complain via a letter or email. You can also register your complaint online. The CVC conducts its investigation through the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). But the CBI also accepts complaints independently. You can complain by fax, post, email, through phone cal and even on the CBI website. There is also a state level Anti-Corruption Bureau. Their jurisdiction is restricted to the state and they can only accept complaints against state government employees. The Anti-Corruption Bureau accepts complaints in disproportionate assets case. It also lays traps to catch bribe-takers red-handed. All you have to do is inform them when someone asks you for a bribe.    
Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 6 years ago

Sir, as far as license is concerned u should have it on spot, further other documents are concerned they can be produced within 15 days from date of demand before the police officer. Hence only license is required on stop and other documents have to be produced later.


Agree Comment 0 Agrees about 6 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.