If you have lost/misplaced Encumbrance certificate,Khata Certificate, Mutation Registrar, etc then you can approach the revenue officer, file applications and collect the same.
If you have lost title deeds, then follow these steps:
1. file a police complaint, Keep a copy of the complaint with you and also the acknowledgment given by police.
2. make a public notice in 1 English newspaper and 1 local newspaper, warning the public not to deal regarding this property with any person having original sale deed papers.
3. Go to the registry office and file an application with duly stamped and requisite fee paid, for issuance of duplicate paper. While making an application for obtaining the true certified copy, mention the misplaced deed and attach the photostat copy of the misplaced deed.
4. The registry office will publish it inthe newspaper and in the local area where the property is situated.
5. The registry office will wait for any objection.
6. if no body has objected, then a duplicate copy of the registry will be issued.
Why not create one now for free in under 10 minutes!