Lawfarm Team
Asked May 21, 2016

Legal action Bank for financial loss and emotional stress

  • 0 Answers

I have taken a home loan from HDFC in 2013 and have been paying the EMI through ECS from my account in the IDBI bank. In February 2015, HDFC gave wrong details to IDBI because of which IDBI informed HDFC that the concerned account is closed. As per HDFC I am unable to repay the home loan as the IDBI a/c does not exist anymore even though I am regularly using the very same IDBI account. I have approached both the Banks to assist with no success. I then approached the three tier grievance redressal system of IDBI but could not solve the problem. Upon further persuation, IDBI has gave me in writing that the account details mentioned by HDFC were wrong so they had returned the ECS. I submitted this letter to HDFC but it had no effect and they have dismissed my calls with silly excuses. Further, they are now asking me to repay the loan with additional interest and incidental charges for the delay , when there is no mistake of mine. The inefficiency of the two Banks has caused me great trouble financially and emotionally and it will further effect my CRISIL score and I want to take legal action against them for this.

Answers 0

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.