Babi Ya
Asked February 07, 2017

Legal action against eloping

  • 1 Answer

My brother is married to her 22year girlfriend and elope from the city what action can take girl's parents

Answer 1

They may register a case against under IPC section 362 (abduction) and section 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing a woman in order to compel to marry) .

Though you cannot prevent someone from filing a complaint against him, he and his wife can lodge General Diaries with the local police station stating that she eloped with your brother with her consent, and on her own, and NO threat or force had been used against her to force her to do so, and that they (your brother and his wife) believe that these family members may take coercive steps against him.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees over 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.