Laws for labourers in pharmaceutical industries
What are the Laws for labourers in pharmaceutical industries?
The true nature of your question is not very clear. Almost all the labour laws that are available in India are applicable to pharmaceutical industries, major laws among which are enlisted below and are as follows:
- The Workmen Compensation Act, 1923
- Apprentices Act, 1961
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- The Factories Act, 1948
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- Minimum Wages Act,1948
- The Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act 1970
The above laws are applicable to every industry including the pharmaceutical industries. However, there is one specific law that governs and concerns “Sales Representatives” in particular i.e. Sales promotion employees (conditions of service) act 1976.
Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.