Prem Varun
in Criminal Law
Asked September 19, 2017

Kept confined by social organization

  • 1 Answer

I am spiritually inclined, I had been living as a sadhu in Thiruvannamalai for 2 and a half years, I used to walk up and down the streets of the Girivalam road and would go to Ramana ashram to have my daily annadhana food. I was never disturbed by anyone for living there, not the locals, police or anyone, in any major way, then suddenly 7 months ago, a social organization picked me up from the streets. Their facility has a security and has high walls so I couldn't simply walk away from there. They kept me in their facility for 7 whole months. I would like to sue them for keeping me so long at this place.

Answer 1

You can file a case for wrongful confinement under IPC section 340, 342 against them provided they had no legal justification to confine you.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.