in Family Law Civil Law Property Law
Asked November 25, 2017

Intestate succession of property after father's death

  • 2 Answers

Transmission of shares in Cooperative Housing Society Limited in Mumbai My father , a hindu holding a property jointly with my mother and Grandmother situated in Mumbai each having 1/3rd share in the said property. The society follows the by-law according to Maharashtra cooperative Housing Society Act. My father died intestate without leaving any will in the moth of March 2017. My parents and Grandmother have made no nominee in respect of the said Flat and the legal heirs are me including my brother, mother, Grandmother and Gandfather. Further we want to transfer my father's 1/3rd share to mother making mother owner of 2/3rd share and grandmother 1/3rd share. I and my brother have released the 1/3rd share by Registered Release Deed. My question is that for transfer of 1/3rd share to my mother, do i require release deed of my Grandmother & Grandfather???And what other documents do i need for transferring my father's 1/3rd share to my mother ?? share certificate is in the name of my father, mother and grandmother... Grandmother's name reflects as first owner.Please Advice

Answers 2

No,you just take heir certificate and on the basis of such certificate submit an application for transefer of 1/3rd share in the name of your mother. 

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

yes, your grand mother and grand father are also required to execute release deed in favour of your mother. Beside the said release deed, a deed of relinquishment along with affidavit are also required to be executed so as to avoid any future complication.

Agree Comment 0 Agrees almost 4 years ago

Please Login or Register to Submit Answer

Directory ads
Need to talk to a lawyer?

Book a phone consultation with a top-rated lawyer on Lawfarm.