How to get a food Licence in India?
PLease guide me as to how to apply for a food licence in India
The following are the steps:
1. Check your Eligibility for a food licence here.
2. Fill the application form (Form B) given in The Food Safety and Standards (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses), Regulations 2011.
3. Attach the following with the application form and submit to the Licensing Authority:
a. A self-attested declaration as provided in the format in Annexure-1
b. Copies of documents provided in Annexure-2 of the Regulations.
c. Fees prescribed in Schedule-3 depending upon the category your food business falls in.
4. Cases of additional information needed by the authority, or of incomplete applications will be informed to you within 15 days of receipt of the application. You must give the additional information or complete the application within 30 days from when you receive this. Failure to do so will result in rejection of your application.
5. An Application ID number is issued. Within 60 days of issue of such an Application ID number, you will be provided with the license.
6. The Licensing Authority may direct an officer to inspect the premises of your business. The Inspecting Officer may issue a notice to you, telling you the steps to be taken or changes to be made to ensure general sanitary and hygienic conditions. You will have to carry out the required steps, changes or alterations and inform the Licensing Authority about it within 30 days.
7. Within 30 days of receiving the inspection report excluding the time taken by you in complying with the advice and verification of the compliance, the Licensing Authority shall consider the application and may either grant license or reject the application.
8. However, before refusing your license application, you shall be given an opportunity of being heard and if the Authority still decides to reject your application, the reasons for refusal shall be recorded in writing.
9. The Licensing Authority will issue you a License in Format C under Schedule 2 of these Regulations.
10. A true copy of this must be displayed at a prominent place at all times within your business premises.
1. Sign up here.
3. Go here and fill the application.
4. On submission of the application, you will get a unique Reference ID. Take a printout of the ‘Acknowledgment’ and ‘Online Application Form’ and attach the fee and supported documents required as part of the application and submit the application to your State Authority or Regional Office of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, within 15 days from the date of submission of application online.
Why not create one now for free in under 10 minutes!